Thursday, July 22, 2010

Chubby Bunny

Last weekend Grace and I went to Pisac a couple times: once for a festival and once for the well-known Pisac Sunday Market. The fetival wasn´t as fun as we thought it would be but the Sunday market was really great! All the vendors sell souvenir-like things and I got handmade purse for only about $10. We also found this great store with original paintings on canvas for insanely cheap. We´ll be heading back to that store at some point in our trip. Below are the pictures we took in Pisac.















On Saturday, Grace and I went to visit some friend in Cusco. I wore my UW sweatshirt and had 2 different people say ¨Go Huskies!¨ to me. We ate at this restaurant near the Plaza de Armas and had some wonderful Mate de Coca tea, pumpkin soup, and spinach pasta. After getting back to Urubamba, we went to Sandwich Lab and had these delicious and huge burgers.









This week at the girls dormitory, we had some visitors from the US and Canada come to see what the organization is all about. The girls taught the gringos dancing to the Peruvian Huayno music (pronounced ¨whine-o¨). The gringos taught the girls how to do the twist, the jerk, some MJ moves, and the hokey-pokey.









Last night I was taught Capoeira, a Brazilian form of dance that is similar to martial arts? It was pretty fun. These pictures were of everyone practicing but we got in a big circle afterwards, played instruments, and sang while a couple people did the dancing in the center of the circle.








And lastly, here are some random pictures I took at Ccatán.



2 comments:

  1. Looks like you are having a great time! Where's the chubby bunny? Or did I miss it? We're going to Mt. Baker this weekend, we'll be thinking of you! xo AE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ruby and Rocco want you to bring Toby home with you. Looks like dancing is fun!
    LOVE Mama

    ReplyDelete